Democrat Barack Obama quietly told a small group of seniors Sunday that Republican John McCain would threaten the Social Security they depend on because he supports privatizing the program.
So “scare Grandma” is Obama’s idea of new politics? Smells justÂ like the old politics.
- No Social Security reform plan has ever suggested touching the benefits of current retirees. To say otherwise is pure cynicism. And a lie.
- Social Security is a stale idea left over from FDR. It costs wage earners a lot and gives them a paltry return compared to the stock market.
- Social Security screws minorities who typically start working younger and die earlier.
- Young people, many of those swooning over Obama like a rock star, are the biggest victims of Social Security because of demographics.
- Chile switched from a Ponzi scheme setup like we have todayÂ to something akin to index funds for each citizen, funds that they own and which pay triple the benefits of Social Security. That’s what being progressive looks like.